Boxing Day Cleaning: Get your home back in order after Christmas
With Christmas comes a flurry of activities, presents and feasts, yet it feels like the day itself lasts for merely a few hours. It’s the pack down and clean-up on the other hand, if not done properly and effectively, that drags on and lasts for much longer. That’s why we’ve created an easy to follow checklist that will make boxing day cleaning that much easier to conquer.
- Boxing day cleaning is all about deciding which leftovers need to be consumed immediately from the ones which will last a little longer.
- Store the leftovers properly; use containers that can be easily stacked in your fridge to minimise the clutter.
- Devise a meal plan by making use of the leftovers.
The Christmas ornaments
- Sort your ornaments into breakable and non-breakable piles.
- Make sure to throw broken, damaged or outdated ornaments into the bin.
- Clean and wipe the ornaments so that they’re dust free when you pack them away for another year
- Wrap the breakable ornaments in recycled paper or cloth to keep them from breaking.
- Place them in clearly labelled containers to make putting them up much easier next time. You can use categories such as “outdoor use”, “dining room ornaments”, “tinsel” and “tree ornaments”.
- Clean the kitchen countertops, cabinet doors and stovetops.
- Sweep and floor and remove the dirt, grease and other stains with the Britex Grout and Tile Cleaner.
- Freshen up the air with the Britex Odour Blaster to break down bad odours and leave the area smelling fresh & clean.
The carpet & upholstery
- Strip the beds and wash all the linens.
- Vacuum the carpets and floors and secure professional results with the Britex Deep Cleaner. It uses the power of hot water extraction to deliver a thorough clean, reaching deep down into carpet fibres to remove dust, dirt, allergens and bacteria.
- Use the Britex Deep Cleaner to deep clean your upholstery too! Pair it with the Britex Upholstery Cleaner to clean, deodorise, revitalise and protect your upholstery.
Clear away the holiday mess with Britex!
Britex offers DIY deep cleaning solutions for carpet, floor grout and tiles and upholstery. We provide an affordable and effective way to deep clean our customers’ homes and businesses. All Britex products are available to hire at the Britex hire stand in Bunnings Warehouse, Woolworths, selected Coles, IGA, Mitre 10 and Home Hardware stores.
For enquiries and more information, contact us here or call 1800 804 973.
Happy cleaning with Britex!
Find your nearest store