- Clean out and declutter: Start by taking the time to clean out and declutter your pantry, kitchen cupboards and drawers. Check use-by dates on items and discard any stale spices and expired items along the way.
- Wipe down small kitchen appliances: This includes the coffee machine, microwave, kettle, air fryer or any other small appliances in the kitchen. Store or donate equipment you don’t use such as unused appliances or cookware.
- Clean the oven, wash the rangehood filters and wash the stovetop: Thoroughly wipe down and clean the insides of your oven and clean the stovetop. Leave the stove top grates to soak in a tub of hot soapy water to remove grime. Remove and wash the rangehood filters. Britex Spot n’ Stain is an excellent spray product that removes grease and grime build up from a range of surfaces.
- Clean out the refrigerator: Go through the refrigerator shelves and the freezer to discard any expired food items. Give the inside and outside a thorough wipe down. Be sure to vacuum the cooling coils underneath and behind your refrigerator.
- Sanitise the kitchen sink area: Give your kitchen sink and kitchen top a good wipe down and sanitise with anti-bacterial spray or wipes.
Britex cleaning tips
- Use lemons to clean the microwave: Heat half a cup of water and lemon juice from half a lemon in the microwave, then wipe down the insides with a microfibre cloth.
- Use vinegar to clean the coffee maker: Run equal parts of water and vinegar through the coffeemaker, then rinse with clean water.
- Use baking soda and vinegar to clean oven racks: Soak oven racks in baking soda, vinegar and hot water overnight, then scrub with an old dish towel to remove grease and grime.
- Sort and organise drawers and cupboards: Cupboard by cupboard, empty out the items and sort through them. Dispose of any expired makeup, trinkets, skincare or hair products.
- Spring clean your wardrobe: Go through your clothes and shoes and remove anything stained, in need of repair, worn out or simply clothing you haven’t worn in the past 12 months. Try on anything you’re unsure about before giving it closet space.
- Dry clean winter coats and jackets and store them for next year: Sort through clothing and items from winter, have them properly cleaned then stored away so they are ready to go next year.
- Wash bedding and pillows: If the sun is shining outside, seize the chance to wash and dry blankets, comforters, mattress protectors, quilts and pillows. Remove any winter bed protectors or electric blankets and store them for next year.
- Flip and rotate your mattress: Give your mattress a quick clean with a vacuum or a Britex deep cleaner using the upholstery tool. Flip and rotate your mattress to even out mattress wear.
Britex cleaning tips
- Use baking soda to freshen up mattresses: Rub baking soda into the mattress, leave for an hour then vacuum to remove baking soda.
- Organise cabinets and drawers: Go through your medicine cabinets and drawers and safely discard any outdated items. Reorganise your cupboards, wipe down the shelves and remove any empty toothpaste containers and beauty products and change your toothbrush.
- Scrub the shower and bathtub: – Thoroughly scrub down the shower and bathtub as you would during a regular clean, but go the extra step and unclog the shower drains with baking soda, vinegar and hot water.
- Wash the shower curtain and floormat: Remove and thoroughly wash shower curtains and floormats.
- Dust from the top down: Starting from the top of the room and working down, dust ceilings, light fixtures, vents, windowsills and skirting boards.
Britex cleaning tips
- Use salt to prevent mildew and mould on shower curtains: Soak shower curtains in salt and hot water to prevent mildew and mould build-up.
- Use grapefruit to scrub bathtubs: scrub your bathtub with a grapefruit and some salt to remove grime.
- Declutter: Sort through and discard any unwanted or unnecessary household items that have been dumped in the area. Relocate children toys back to the toy storage area. As you declutter, equip yourself with a few boxes for sorting: one for donating, another to toss. Toss any items you no longer need or intend to keep and put away the things you intend to keep in their rightful places.
- Wipe down all mirrors, frames and decorative items: Wipe down mirrors, photo frames and decorative items with a microfibre cloth and a homemade solution of water and vinegar. Rearrange items so they look neat and tidy.
- Dust and polish wooden furniture: Give your wooden furniture a quick shine by polishing it with stale and flat beer. Pour some stale suds onto a clean cloth and rub your wooden furniture pieces for that extra sheen.
- Deep clean upholstery: Studies have shown that your couch upholstery is potentially the dirtiest part of your home, containing, more than 12 times the bacteria than your bathroom. Give your couch upholstery a deep clean using the Britex Upholstery wand.
- Deep clean carpet, floor tiles and grout: The living room has more foot traffic than any other room in the house. Your spring-cleaning session will not be complete without deep cleaning the tiled flooring and carpet your household constantly steps on.
To thoroughly deep clean carpet, upholstery and floor tiles & grout, look no further than Britex DIY deep cleaners. Choice recommended as Australia’s #1 Carpet Shampooer, Britex Carpet Care has been providing Australians with affordable and professional DIY carpet cleaning solutions for over 30 years. Save money and time by going the DIY route and hire a Britex Deep Cleaner from over 1,500 participating retailers in Australia.(link to hire location)
Britex tip: Did you know using a Britex Carpet Cleaner with Britex Cleaning Solutions in a high-traffic office area, reduced the bacterial load by up to 99.95%?
Britex Deep Cleaners feature a hot water extraction system, a system favoured by many carpet cleaning professionals. The Britex carpet cleaner injects water and cleaning solution deep into carpet fibres, then its powerful suction thoroughly removes dirt, dust, soil and pet hair, leaving your carpets clean and fresh
Start your spring cleaning spree and hire a Britex today!
All Britex products are available to hire at the Britex hire stand in Bunnings Warehouse, Woolworths, selected Coles, IGA, Mitre 10 and Home Hardware stores.
Find your nearest store